The Aims of CAHSC
- To promote the continual development of the adult social care workforce to ensure that the workforce have the right skills, knowledge and training.
- To support those who deliver adult social care services to identify the learning, training and development needs of their workforce.
- To draw down funding, where available, to support workforce development.
- To contribute to lasting improvements in the adult care and support sector in Cornwall through the commissioning of high quality, relevant and acccessible learning and development programmes.
- To promote and support effective, inspiring and resilient leadership in the sector.
- Work with training providers to identify, develop and promote, high quality, accessible, effective and affordable learning resources, which will have a positive impact on practice.
- Influence local, regional and national strategies, which impact upon the adult social care sector to ensure that the needs of those who work in Adult Social Care are recognised and given appropriate priority.
- To provide information and sign post to resources around good practice, legislation, regulation and compliance.
- To promote and celebrate great care and support in Cornwall.